Help Us Empower Communities and Change Lives
For nearly a quarter century, the Urban League of West Michigan has worked for economic, educational and social progress for African Americans, other minorities and others at low-opportunity and promoted strong, sustainable communities through progressive advocacy, effective collaboration and innovative programming.
Become An Urban Leaguer
The most effective way that you can address the educational, social and economic inequalities and promote social change in the Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area is by becoming an Urban Leaguer. When you become an Urban Leaguer, you join in the movement to ensure that all Grand Rapidians have the opportunity to live their dream of achieving economic empowerment. You help provide the tools to drive economic growth for the Grand Rapids workforce and business community and together, we transform the dreams of our community into reality.
Support the Urban League of West Michigan
Your gift, large or small, supports the League’s infrastructure and fuels our passion to accomplish our mission through the well informed pursuit of the following community-based strategies: Preparing individuals for work; alleviating family poverty and homelessness; enabling access to quality education; and advocating for access to health and wellness education and services.
Help us continue to empower communities and change lives.
Every gift matters; together everyone achieves more…
Excellent work is going on right now at the Urban League of West Michigan through our four life domains and service pillars in employment, housing, education and health that has the potential to significantly impact children, families, communities and organizations throughout Grand Rapids. But there is more to do and this work requires an investment in our future.
Make a Donation
A donation to the Urban League of West Michigan is tax-deductible way to help our organization:
- Provide training to adults in the areas of job readiness, job retention, computer literacy, and entrepreneurship.
- Provide technology equipment and access centers for adults and children.
- Provide educational opportunities, internships, and youth development services.
- Provide mentoring, teaching and recognition for academic excellence for male youth ages 13-18;
- Provide career training, GED referrals and access to an opportunity pipeline for disconnected youth, ages 16-24.
- Provide counseling and training to prevent homelessness and enable some Grand Rapids citizens
to buy their first home and assist others to keep their current home.
- Provide health and wellness resources and anti-smoking assistance for persons who smoke and
preventing youth from ever starting.
- Provide a place where you can always go to get help
Mail your donation to:
Grand Rapids Urban League, Inc.
Attention: Fund Development
745 Eastern Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
The Grand Rapids Urban League is a nonprofit recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. Your donation is tax-deductible for U.S. tax purposes under Section 170 of the Code.